Thursday, March 12, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

Some good news this week:
  1. Soup night was Tuesday. Counting "shows" and "to-go's", I estimate 39 people enjoyed the event! I made ~11 quarts of turkey noodle and 6 quarts of black bean soup, and only had 1 quart of each left! This is good news on the leftover front; sometimes it's hard to get through the remains of my soup-making enthusiasm.
  2. I FINALLY put the purple Lenten ribbons on our religious statues and pictures. We also painted some wooden letters to spell "REPENT". I've been inspired to create a mantle display for ages, but due to our limited wall space, the mantle is full of family photos that I wasn't willing to move. Our current motto is leaning in the transom over the French doors of the study. We've also partially painted the "Easter word" (aka the "A word") to hide away for the next few weeks.
  3. We went to daily mass yesterday. Our school year started with a great routine of attending 3-4 days a week, but when Rebecca broke her leg we quit. Even once her mobility improved I just stayed home. Here's hoping we get back on track.
Find more encouraging words at Faith and Family Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment