Saturday, March 14, 2009

Perseverance

Peter, the four year old son of my good friend Anne, recently broke his thigh bone. After 24 hours in traction he went under general anesthesia for the installation of a body cast. We're talking from the nipples to his ankle on one leg, to his knee on the other--for 8 weeks!

Becca's purple cast now seems quite dainty. And those first several days of neediness pale in comparison with what my friend's family is dealing with. I know prayers are welcome.

I also know how Anne is handling this--with faith--but I am still amazed by her attitude. Below the signature on her emails is a quote from St. John of the Cross (Daniel's Confirmation saint, BTW), "Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent." Whew!

Go here for more details and a picture of her sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment