Thursday, March 19, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. " Find more encouragement at Faith and Family Live.

  1. As we were getting ready for Sunday mass, Becca woke up in my bed and requested, "Read me a book." Without any negotiating, I found a (short) library book (there were plenty on the floor to choose from!) and sat down and read it to her. We both enjoyed those snuggly moments.
  2. As a family we've given up sweets for Lent, and we're doing well. My individual "fast" involves decreased blog-reading, but I was only following through vaguely--until now! My small success is that since last Friday I've been setting a timer and enforcing my 20 minute rule. It's not easy, but it's good to feel honest at last.
  3. I married a wonderful man, who, in addition to being a model husband and father, also has plumbing skills! Okay, I'm taking credit for something I did almost 23 years ago, but that's the big bright spot of my recent garbage disposal faux pas. Even one day without a dishwasher and kitchen sink (and kitchen water, for that matter) is an enlightening experience--I take a lot for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment