Sunday, March 31, 2019

March One Monthly Goal--No Point Stars

My goal this month was to make a no-point-stars block (from Cluck Cluck Sew) 
accurately enough to begin my king size quilt project and to make ten blocks.
 My sample block (made in the fall) was way too small (7/8"!) but this weekend 
I succeeded in an accurate block (above).
 I use two fat quarters to make two 12" blocks.
 I needed to take great care on the ones with stripes and directional rows of flowers.
 It was slow going, with precise sewing and sometimes finicky trimming.
 I've completed six blocks.  Once I sew eight more seams I'll have the four blocks below DONE.
These will be the last of the flowered stripes until I start on the next FQ set.
Check out everyone else's finishes at Elm Street Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal!

    ReplyDelete