Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January Finish--Weighted Blanket


I've now participated in my first One Monthly Goal event--success!
I started and finished a weighted blanket for my grandson.
Inspired by a tutorial from CJ of the I Love My Kids blog as well as size and weight ideas from Mosaic Weighted Blankets, I tweaked the procedure to use batting instead of polyfil stuffing.

 The fabrics his parents chose are a bit simple but they coordinate with his "I Spy" quilt.
Filling the columns and sewing around the pellets was challenging at first, but I got the hang of it by the end of this project.  I've written a tutorial for my version in case you're interested.

Thanks to Patty of Elm Street Quilts for inspiring this finish!  Visit her link up to see what other folks have accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete