Monday, January 7, 2019

One Monthly Goal:  Weighted Blanket
January 2019


Elm Street Quilts

I enjoy my newish craft of sewing and quilting but still struggle to make time for it.  I'm hoping that participating in Patty's One Monthly Goal link up will motivate me to keep moving forward.


From the  Mosaic Weighted Blankets website:  "A weighted blanket is like a firm hug that can help you relax and sleep better. Weighted blankets lower stress and create a calm feeling by raising serotonin levels in the brain."

I hope my young grandson will sleep better with a blanket like this.  An occupational therapist friend strongly recommended these blankets in general and this company in particular.  

MWB offers many fabric, size, and weight choices as well as DIY kits, but I decided to go my own way.  Without the benefit of buying in bulk or having a giant stash I'm not saving much money over the kit price, but this should be fun and the fabrics are more customizeable.

I showed my daughter and her husband some novelty fabrics (construction related) but they chose these simpler patterns.  

I'm planning to tweak a tutorial I found online at the "I Love My Kids" blog.  Wish me luck and check out others' goals at January's OMG link up!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your blanket and how you make out with the tutorial. There are a lot of kids that can benefit from a weighted blanket, so I’m curious how it goes together. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete