Monday, August 2, 2010

Tres Leches, Take Two

Today is Len's birthday. Yes, he's still two years younger than I am.

We enjoyed our family dinner last night: Sunday gravy, broccoli, and salad. What is Sunday gravy? It's a slow-cooked, traditional Italian tomato sauce simmered with multiple meats--in this case pork ribs, Italian (turkey) sausage, and highly flavored (Parmesan, prosciutto, etc.) meatballs--and served with pasta.

In December of 2007 I made my first Tres Leches cake, which leaped onto Len's short list of favorite desserts. So of course I've made it for him many times since, right? Uh-uh. Until now.Although rich (lots of eggs and cream!), this cake is served cold and tastes light and refreshing. It makes a delightful summer dessert. I've added a few updates to the recipe on my cooking blog.Happy Birthday, darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment