Sunday, August 1, 2010

Strangers and Friends

David has a pen pal--a friend of a friend of a friend is how she's been explained to me. Yesterday he met E for the first time. She and her parents were visiting the area, so the foursome went to Mount Vernon for the day then came home for dinner.

What a delightful evening! E's parents are friendly and interesting. I'm not a great conversationalist and can be shy, but last night I was able to relax and enjoy the company. We talked about art, food, dogs, houses, gardens, education, and on and on.

Dinner was tasty: sesame noodles, Szechwan green beans, salad, watermelon, and summer blueberry pie. I was the last to taste the noodles, so it was a while before their lack of 3/4 cup of soy sauce (too much good conversation before dinner?) became apparent. Oops!

I don't know if I'll ever see these people again, but I'm immeasurably glad I had the chance to get to know them yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment