Thursday, September 24, 2009

Small Successes: School's In

FaithButton

I haven't participated lately as it's taken a few weeks to feel like the (ahem) "challenges" aren't outweighing the successes. Now at least I'm running even.

School is basically going well. We've been behind since Day 1, but as I told Len, it's like being the second place horse while the race is running--we're almost there. Here's some of the good news:

  1. We've used our Friday craft-time for actual crafting two weeks in a row! (I was worried that I would cave and try to catch up on academics instead.) Both sessions were devoted to freezer cooking (pesto, then chicken casserole); tomorrow the children will be making clay dolphins for our ocean box.
  2. Most of us are enjoying homeschool soccer most of the time (3 weeks so far). It is easier to have everyone at the same place at the same time, and during school hours, too.
  3. I've set a new wakeup time (5:00! Gasp!) that works for any kind of day--paperwork before a 6:00 walk, shower before 6:15 mass (only when Joe is serving), 5:15 walk before showering and driving to high school. Although it's an earlier start than my more recent routines, the consistency is helpful. It's also motivating me to get to bed on time!
How's your September going? Read about the successes of other moms here.

No comments:

Post a Comment