Sunday, June 30, 2019

June Goal--Success!

It's time to check in to see who's accomplished the June One Monthly Goal,
 hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.
 I did finish piecing the citrus quilt.  Yes, it's very simple.

Now I'm working on the quilting plan.  I want to quilt large citrus slices all over.
My sample has a 9" diameter.  
I traced a circle onto freezer paper and ironed it onto a quilt sandwich.
Next I FMQ'd rings around the circle, then removed the paper and quilted the segments.
 It looks pretty bad, but I'm satisfied with it as practice #1.
If I use a walking foot for the circles they will look better, but I'll be doing a lot more maneuvering of the quilt.  If I go that route I'll walk all the circles then go back to FMQ the segments.
I will quilt with white thread which won't be as obvious as this red on white. 
Thanks again, Patty, for the motivation!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute quilt! Love the quilting design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sylvia! My daughters have convinced me to FMQ the circles as well as the segments, saying the irregular look fits the fabric better. I'm excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great quilting design. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete