Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Care Package

Lauren's grandmother and aunt are the cookie-senders. Much as I enjoy baking, I've not been "together" enough to undertake that project yet.

We'll be seeing our girl for a few hours this weekend, however, so I'm gathering goodies for her to take back to school. (It is such a blessing to have Lauren just a short drive away!)
  1. The warehouse store finally had her favorite soup in stock again, so there's a box of clam chowder.
  2. I'm picking up the special rice needed for making sticky rice. She's checked two stores (consulting me by phone) so far, to no avail. (I'm impressed that one employee was willing to give up a sale by telling her that a possibility we were considering would NOT work.)
  3. Lauren shares a tiny refrigerator/freezer (smaller than the one in her dorm last year!) with three other young women, so the last time I packed chicken for my freezer, I made some marinade bags for hers. They'll take up hardly any space, and she can pull them out any time. I used quart-size bags so she can slip some chicken in, keep it in the fridge for a day, and have something a little different ready to go. Obviously not mailable, the bags have been waiting in my freezer for the right "moment of transfer."
I haven't figured out what else to add yet, but I've still got a few more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment