Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

My blogs are three years old today!  Even though I'm not a prolific (625 posts so far) or popular writer, I'm glad I took the plunge and entered the blogging world.

When I began, I thought I'd be joining a community and conversation, mostly about homeschooling, faith, and food.  While I follow many blogs, I still don't feel like part of the group.  But that's okay.

What do I like about blogging?
  • I'd never kept a consistent journal, ever.  Now I've got three years of thoughts and events recorded.
  • I've never even tried scrapbooking.  Now I have a collection of photos documenting our family life--big events like graduations, and smaller ones like playing with cornstarch goo.
  • Taking pictures for my blog has trained me to record the daily events that make life special.  Even when I don't post them, I get shots of breakfast-in-bed (the 20 year old nixed posting that one!) or a picture drawn on the dry erase board.  Blogging has fostered in me the habit of attention.
  • Posting online has been a great way to share our life with family and friends.  I neglect calls and letters, but can keep in touch through this journal.  (I have maybe 20 regular readers, but once in a while when I have something important to say, I'll get a plug from a more well-known friend.)
So thanks for reading.  I might write just for myself, but sharing is more fun!

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am very grateful that you started your blog. We may be far, and not speak as often as I actually think about you, but this gives me a way to still feel connected. So, thanks (and hooray)!

    XO

    ReplyDelete