Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fan Photo

My sister-in-law recently bought me Elizabeth and Danielle's book as a "sursi"* and I managed to get to the Catholic Shop yesterday to have it signed. (I ended up buying myself the companion journal as well.) I appreciate their reassurance in the introduction that there is not a wrong way to use Small Steps; it's okay to read it each day, or many entries at once, or once in awhile. Life changes, and so will the way I use this resource.

I stayed for an hour as online and IRL fans and friends of Elizabeth arrived, chatted, and left, smiling, with their books in hand. It was a refreshing breather in my week.

*Sursi is a word my mother invented when I was a child. It means a spontaneous, usually small, "just because" sort of treat or gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment