Thursday, March 4, 2010

Small Successes: Teamwork

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

Today I realized that my accomplishments are frequently due to teamwork or outright gifts from others. For example, this week:
  1. Thanks to my teens, I had a discount babysitter available on Saturday so Len and I could go out to dinner, and a driver to tae kwon do yesterday who gave me an hour and a half of free time. Okay, I used it to clean the kitchen and make dinner, but otherwise we might have eaten sandwiches in the midst of chaos!
  2. A friend took Rebecca to the insect zoo and butterfly pavilion at the Smithsonian on Wednesday.
  3. And today, 4 drivers cooperated to get 14 children from 6 families to and from 7 destinations in under 3 hours (including the evening rush)! Don't you wonder how we got anyone anywhere before cell phones? I've been a parent long enough to remember not owning one!
Read about the successes of other moms over at Faith and Family Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment