Monday, October 5, 2009

Dinner Plans

We rarely eat out and don't buy much convenience food, either. I rely on a (3 week) cycle menu that gets tweaked every week. This helps me plan shopping, thawing, and preparation.

I've been intending to write about cycle menus for those of you who haven't heard about them or haven't tried them yet. Meanwhile, here's a glance at this week. Most days I'm cooking for 7.
  • Monday: grilled chicken and mashed potatoes (for 5)
  • Tuesday: quesadillas (The marinated chicken was frozen with enough to feed 8-10, so there will be plenty leftover.)
  • Wednesday: soup night (for 25-40!)--beef barley and clam chowder
  • Thursday: gyros (also from the freezer)
  • Friday: sesame noodles
  • Sat/Sunday: flank steak

The sides aren't much planned yet. The gyro veggies are in-house already, we have plenty of salad fixings, and there's a 3# bag of broccoli florets in the fridge. I bought apples to make sauce, but don't know when I'll get around to making it. I can serve that any day to great cheers. :-)

1 comment:

  1. We will have lots to talk about come Thanksgiving, as I will really ned to get this going once we move in. It will be so nice to have my chest freezer just paces away in the laundry room too!

    ReplyDelete