Friday, August 21, 2009

Recipe Review

Last week I tried a new recipe for pasta and tomato with honey mustard sauce.
One word review: Eh.

Multiple word review: I fiddled with the recipe to make enough for a full pound of pasta. It smelled great while the garlic and tomato were cooking. The basil was an attractive garnish, but there wasn't enough to provide much flavor impact. The atypical ingredients (honey, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar) were interesting but overpowering. We ate it all, but to me honey-mustard is not a hot pasta flavor.

IF I try this style of sauce again, I will start with a dab of balsamic vinegar and MAYBE add a bit of honey or mustard. My next quick pasta dish will probably use Elizabeth's roasted tomato sauce, which I first tried last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment