Thursday, June 18, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

Find more inspiration and encouragement here.
  1. Last night I finally dealt with the remains of our trips (Hershey Park and NY) by sorting and distributing a week's worth of laundry, including sheets and towels. I also emptied and put away the suitcases that the girls and I had used. Things don't usually pile up so high--it's good to see some floor (and chair and bed) again!
  2. Len and I dealt with a significant discipline (of a child) issue this week. We were thoughtful and not angry, and even had some real dialogue (vs. the typical parental monologue) with the perpetrator. Only time will tell if we helped affect a change in said child's heart and behavior (Oh, that pesky yet essential free will!), but for now I'm taking comfort in our united approach and in knowing we carefully did the best we could.
  3. While walking with one of my sisters last weekend, I was reminded of what "brisk" looks and feels like. Since coming home I've tried to pick up my pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment