Friday, May 22, 2009

This Friday Feels Like the Weekend

Len's taken three of the middle children (plus a cousin) on a three day, two night canoeing/camping extravaganza. I'm left with Becca and the older teens. The rest of the world is spinning normally while we're drifting.

I'm planning to take Becca to the nature center to look for salamander and frog eggs in the vernal pools (she learned about them this week) before the day grows hot. Then if I can build some momentum, I'll get some cleaning and school sorting done, free from the urgency of my usual daily responsibilities.

That still leaves plenty of time to relax and enjoy the relative quiet. I've got some girly movies arriving in the mail today. Len will watch one with me now and then, but he's happy enough to miss out. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Whatcha gonna watch? Sounds like a nice respite from your usually ultra hectic schedule. So nice for the boys to have this special time with Dad, too. I hope the weather will be good. It's iffy for the Trail hikers but we're hoping for the best.
    We are off to the bank to pick up a check for the Honda dealer. We decided on the Odyssey. I'm very pleased. Should be ready on Monday if they can get it ready on a holiday.
    Love to all,
    Mom/Mimi

    ReplyDelete