Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Math Major

Wow, this summer is zooming along!  A vacation, a wedding, and the new school year are right around the corner . . .
We haven't seen much of David lately.  He was home for just a week in mid-May and then drove back to school for an eight week internship/research project/I never get it right.  He's receiving free room and board on campus plus a generous stipend.

Saint Mary's offers a limited number of summer grants to students so they can perform research.  David worked up a plan, submitted the application, and was selected!  It's a math thing, something about finding a formula or equation that creates a particular shape.  Here is a link to the sort of work he's doing, although David's project involves weighted curvature instead of curvature.

I'm glad he's found such a satisfying way to spend his days, but it will be great to have him back at last.  I think I've spent more time with his girlfriend, Colette, than with my boy these past few months (which has been great fun, though)!

1 comment:

  1. When you said you wrote a post about David, I didn't realize you mentioned me as well! Is this my first by-name appearance? I've had so much fun seeing you too, though I must admit it'll be nice when everybody's around, even if it's only for a month or so here at the end.

    ReplyDelete