Friday, September 2, 2011

Milestones

Yesterday my first baby turned 21!
Today I'm 50!
What else is there to say?

Let's go out to lunch instead . . .
 
 Amazing olive oil
 Not so pretty, but creamy and earthy rice with mushrooms
 Some kind of grilled bread with roasted eggplant, red pepper, onion, and salt-cured anchovy...
Lauren let me eat just half of mine before declaring, "It looks like a slug."
Thanks, honey!
 Fried baby artichoke hearts with an intense black olive (and anchovy?) sauce/paste underneath
Also delicious mixed with the olive oil and bread
A classic Spanish tortilla:  omelet with potatoes and onions.

This big birthday has been a mix of mundane and extraordinary: 
  • an early morning dog walk followed by gifts (a Kindle! . . . a fuse bead picture frame . . . a crystal bowl . . . handmade cards . . . my baby book! etc.)
  • a heartwarming note from Len and carpool emails
  • school driving, airport driving, soccer driving, and a gourmet lunch
  • cards and calls and cards and calls
  • sipping from my daughter's wineglass
  • organizing a main level cleanup, but not helping with the dishes (actually, I hardly ever do)
  • a heart full of gratitude for all the wonderful people in my life--THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment