Yesterday my first baby turned 21!
Today I'm 50!
What else is there to say?
Let's go out to lunch instead . . .
Gazpacho at our favorite tapas restaurant
Amazing olive oil
Not so pretty, but creamy and earthy rice with mushrooms
Some kind of grilled bread with roasted eggplant, red pepper, onion, and salt-cured anchovy...
Lauren let me eat just half of mine before declaring, "It looks like a slug."
Fried baby artichoke hearts with an intense black olive (and anchovy?) sauce/paste underneath
Also delicious mixed with the olive oil and bread
A classic Spanish tortilla: omelet with potatoes and onions.
This big birthday has been a mix of mundane and extraordinary:
- an early morning dog walk followed by gifts (a Kindle! . . . a fuse bead picture frame . . . a crystal bowl . . . handmade cards . . . my baby book! etc.)
- a heartwarming note from Len and carpool emails
- school driving, airport driving, soccer driving, and a gourmet lunch
- cards and calls and cards and calls
- sipping from my daughter's wineglass
- organizing a main level cleanup, but not helping with the dishes (actually, I hardly ever do)
- a heart full of gratitude for all the wonderful people in my life--THANK YOU!