Thursday, March 17, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

I faithfully clean clothes and get food on the table, but there are many days when I believe that's all I've accomplished.  Our academic day more "un-" than "schooling?"  Struggling (in vain, as it humiliatingly turned out) to stay awake through Bible study?  A bare (after a week) Lenten Jesus tree?

Ah, well.  Sometimes it's better to focus on the positive.  In that spirit, here are some successes:
  1. I made our crown of thorns the day after Lent began.  We hung our purple ribbons today.  Most of our other decorations are up, too.
  2. So far I've kept my Lenten resolutions.
  3. I made a tasty Irish dinner tonight, BEFORE Len and the boys drove off to their Catholic boys' club meeting.  Bonus:  I posted the recipe!
If you want more inspiration to look on the bright side, check out Faith and Family Live.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara, that meal looks fit for St. Patrick himself! Someday I will try your method for the meat. I did do all of my dinner in the crock pot this year and it was only okay.
    I made 3 batches of soda bread yesterday and will make one more today for the Nelsons. Kris and Dave went to NYC yesterday to see their favorite Irish band, the Pogues so they didn't have dinner with us after all. They are coming tonight though for meatless lasagna.
    Dad and I kept Finn and Euan last night but since they were coming back from the City, they let Cameron stay home alone. I'm sure he enjoyed being trusted to look after himself but we missed him. Ah, time marches on.
    Lots of love to all,
    Mom/Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this list - GREAT successes! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete