- Len is in Leesburg nearly every day, preparing for the transition to the new clinic. This weekend he'll supervise pre-moving of shelves, basement storage, etc.
- Lauren is engaged. Her cat is insane (now eating and vomiting plastic bags--yay!).
- David is back at SMCM, starting his 2nd semester classes today. Haven't heard yet how it's going, but I did get his teapot to the post office today.
- Daniel had the day off due to icy roads. He slept in, watched a movie, and kept the homeschoolers company.
- Joseph is annoying, but last night my sister-in-law said he's annoying in just the same way her brother was. My darling husband turned out better than fine, so there is hope for Joe yet!
- Marianna has had two productive school days in a row. Her secret? Mom finally filled out a detailed checklist! Shocking news: a written plan helps some people stay on task. Who knew? (Okay, I did. I tried to deny the truth and just slide by, but this ways works so much better . . .)
- Rebecca can't decide whether she's a big girl (excellent reader, focused student) or a toddler ("Warm up my clothes," "Stand next to me while I practice the piano," etc.). It's an interesting stage.
- Speaking of vacillation, I run the gamut myself: weight lifting then eating extra cookies, waking at 5:30 then zoning on the couch later, planning meals but nearly running out of produce b/c I don't make it to the store, praying a daily rosary but slacking off on the Bible reading . . .
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Me and My House
A mini update: