Thursday, September 23, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. "

This week, my accomplishments are of the "it's about time!" variety, but that's okay. Thank goodness I'm enjoying the "finally" instead of beating myself up for not getting these tasks done sooner. Are you gentle with yourself?

  1. On Saturday Marianna and I went shopping for Irish dance shoes; she needed hard and soft ones. I should have ordered them online before classes started, but the benefit of procrastinating is that Marianna's teacher steered us to a shop offering a discount AND dancing girl was able to try them on for size.
  2. I donated blood! It's been ages, certainly more than a decade since my last time. There's even more paperwork now--the actual draining of blood was the quickest, simplest part of the process! The last time I tried (on a whim) to donate, I was rejected for borderline anemia. That's when I started conscientiously taking supplements, and this time I passed easily. Hurray for multivitamins (with minerals--duh--it was the iron I boosted)!
  3. At last, my double sink/bathroom counter is sparkling clean. Sorry, no "before" pictures. I'm not that humble yet. ;-)
Cheer on some other moms or share your own good news at Faith and Family Live.

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, You had an excellent week!! Haven't given blood myself in a year or so! Maybe b/c the last time I did it was realized I needed to be on HB pills. Which I am, but now afraid of rejection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list! And THANK YOU for donating blood. My oldest son is the recipient of 9 transfusions from 5 donors. Neither my husband nor I matched so we used blood from the banks! We thank God for donors like you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you for donating blood...the gift of life. Truly a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for anti-procrastination week :-D.

    Last time I gave blood I fainted, and the next time I was denied for a high heart rate. That was 8 years ago. Oops. :)

    Maybe it's time to give it another go -- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete