Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bummer

Two bikes were stolen from our garage. Aargh!

We keep the doors down most of the time, but sometimes they're up when the kids are outside. Once in a great while a door is inadvertently left up all night, but that's not what happened this time.

I reported the thefts and gave descriptions of the bikes. We even had the serial number of one written down--worth doing! If they were stolen to sell, I'm sure we'll never see them again, but sometimes kids take and ride and ditch bikes. If that is what happened, ours may get to the police station where we'll claim them. I'll probably make a visit or two before giving up, although I'll have to take a knowledgeable child along. I doubt I could recognize the bike I ride, let alone one of theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment