Thursday, February 25, 2010

Small Successes: the Lenten Edition

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."


Marianna and Joe have made several ornaments for the Jesus tree, and I've glued the branches on the banner. All that's left is to sew a pocket for the hanging rod and start using this great resource! Meanwhile, there have been some early Lenten accomplishments:
  1. As a family we've committed to Adoration and Confession--one or the other each week. It was so hard to sych the schedules of our parish with our seven lives! Anyway, last night we made it to our first Reconciliation of Lent.
  2. I've prayed and read In Conversation With God nearly every day. There's always something that strikes me, and yesterday's topic was . . . Confession!
  3. Inspired by a friend, this Lent I'm targeting the 5 senses for my sacrifices: smell & taste = no dessert, touch = turn off the shower immediately after rinsing, sight and sound = look and listen when communicating with my children (take eyes from screen, book, or chore). None of these is easy for weak me, but I've been mostly faithful so far.
What's going right for you this week? Be inspired by other moms at Faith and Family Live.

3 comments:

  1. What FABULOUS ideas!!! Love #3 especially. Thanks for the great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I LOVE #3!! (do you mind if I use your idea for something I'm writing?

    ReplyDelete