Thursday, January 28, 2010

Small Successes--Back At Last

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

I haven't participated in Faith and Family's "Small Successes" project for many weeks now. It's good to be back! Here are some little things that are going right:
  1. I did real school work with Rebecca several days this week. Since she's a young kindergartener, I sometimes let my time with her slip away in favor of big kid school or my own chores. Becca has finished the phonics book, so we're now using junior readers--lots more fun!
  2. Many neighbors came for Soup Night yesterday. We had a great time. Since I made too much soup (no RSVPs and my tendency to overdo make this almost inevitable), dinner tonight is already prepared. :-)
  3. I've set a new rule for myself: no "fun" online time unless I've spent time in "real" prayer. For me this means Bible or other spiritual reading along with meditation/listening/active prayer. This will either improve my prayer life or decrease my online browsing; either way I win.
How's your week been? Be inspired by other moms here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE #3. It really speaking to my heart these days. Good for you for putting God before everything else. Your absolutely correct. You win either way.

    ReplyDelete