Thursday, December 10, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

So I'm not one of those together moms who has her Christmas shopping done; I'm not even close! Here, however, are three accomplishments from the week past:
  1. I made mashed potatoes for dinner. Ho-hum, you say? Fifteen pounds, I say! We now have plenty packed in the freezer, ready for Christmas dinner. Our entree is not yet finalized (probably steak--I bought some porterhouse on sale yesterday), but I can serve mashed potatoes with just about anything and expect pleased customers.
  2. While sitting in the hallway at Joe's youth orchestra rehearsal (this time on a stool brought for my aging self), I finalized my winter menu cycle. It's four weeks long, includes some new favorite dishes and is ready to go--hurrah!
  3. Our family has been mostly faithful to reading, praying, and ornamenting our Jesse Tree. We're still in the Old Testament and are covering big sections of Scripture rather than just the few verses suggested for each ornament. The younger children are able to listen to longer passages since this school year we began the habit of reading at least one gospel chapter each day.
How about you and your Advent? Be inspired by other moms at Faith and Family Live.

2 comments:

  1. #3 is awesome! My husband and I will have to start doing that :).

    Thanks for the inspiring week! It's motivated me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I need to get on the menu making wagon again. It's time. Awesome week my friend!

    ReplyDelete