Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Downsizing

From this giant wall calendar: And this hefty wallet/planner combo:
To a walletAnd a slim calendar/daily to-do list:The contrast is much greater than it appears here:The planner served me well for several years, but it was impossible for me to keep two calendars updated. I started using the planner mostly as a to-do list, but then stopped opening it because it was so bulky. Even finding the proper purse (now that I don't need a diaper bag size!) wasn't easy.
-
Now I've got ONE calendar. It's on the phone table or in my purse, so my family knows where to find it. The monthly page is smaller than ideal, but the daily list section is more than generous, so all-in-all I'm coming out ahead.
-
What I like best at this moment is how light and easy my new system is. My purse is significantly lighter, and manuevering the calendar in and out is a breeze. I've ditched much paper and also heavy coins--I contend that one really only needs to carry 99 cents anyway.
-
Most of the extras I carried in the big planner (menus, lists) will move to a homemaking notebook that will stay on my desk.
-
I'm having fun right now. I feel more organized (barely, but looking at a list is better than having tasks roaming aimlessly in and out of my brain). It's the same kind of self-improved feeling as losing weight or getting a really good haircut; it may not last forever, but it's oh-so-refreshing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment