Thursday, November 5, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

Here's what's been going right around here lately:

1. I joined that Bible study I mentioned earlier, and have been attending AND doing my homework. At first glance the questions seem overly basic, but after the requisite pondering and discussion, I realize that the answers are simple yet profound. I'm so glad to be enrolled--"official" deadlines are the best way for me to do what I want/ought to.

2. So far we've tried every activity and demonstration (no true experiments yet) in our science book. Below is the life-size outline of a leatherback sea turtle--it's 9' long. (Can you see? It goes all the way back to the couch.) I have pictures ready for a post about blubber, too. :-)
3. I created and laminated a "What's For Dinner?" chart. As I finalize my weekly menus, I've started copying them onto the chart using dry erase markers. I'm already reaping the benefit of increased sanity, as the daily WFD question no longer needs to be asked of me. Again. And again. And again.
What are your successes this week? Be inspired by other moms here.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, I like all these! Love the menu. I need to make myself do that....

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great successes! I love the outline of the sea turtle. And the menu idea is fantastic. Yea mom!

    Thanks for sharing and God bless!

    ReplyDelete