Thursday, November 12, 2009

Small Successes: the Getting There Edition

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

This week I've focused on going places:
  1. Monday was my first turn to drive to Joe's youth orchestra rehearsal. It's far enough away that we (the little girls come too, as this is the one evening Len and the teens are not home) need to stay there, and we're gone from 6:00-9:50 p.m.! All went well--traffic was tolerable, the girls watched a movie on Len's laptop, I did my Bible study homework, and we remembered to bring Becca's pj's (even though she didn't fall asleep on the way home). Not my first choice for how to spend four hours, but it worked.
  2. Tuesday we attended an open house at the National Portrait Gallery. It was fun and most of our writing co-op was there, too. On the way home I took a wrong turn and got lost in DC. The small success is that I didn't panic (even though my map was at home on the kitchen table), and was able to find my way back to a familiar street after just a few minutes of driving around.
  3. I successfully made reservations or RSVP'd for a sports banquet, 2 nature programs, and a play.

What's been going right for you this week? Meet and be inspired by other moms here.

Have a great day. I'm off to walk in the rain--a dog makes a wonderful exercise program!

1 comment:

  1. oooh, and I'm bad with directions, so you are now my hero!!!

    What an incredible week! Believe in yourself...you truly help inspire those who read!

    Much love!!!!

    ReplyDelete