Thursday, July 2, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
  1. I set up (and followed through on) play dates this week: Becca (fun in the wading pool), Joseph (drove him to Maryland for two nights with his cousin and set up a day with an almost nearby friend), and me (my sister-in-law and I regularly share walks, tea, and talking). Marianna doesn't need official help--there are a zillion girls her age in the neighborhood.
  2. After the bread pan began leaking irreparably (and as it turns out, irreplaceably as well), I researched, bought, tried out, and then returned a new bread machine. Then I bought two new loaf pans and made peace with the fact that I'm going to have to put a little more effort into homemade bread when I want it. It's just about finding another routine, right?
  3. Part of David's birthday present is a day trip to the NJ beach to visit with a West Coast cousin. We came up last night; I had my caffeine at 6:00 p.m. just to be safe. ;-) Today is for hanging out (they're playing guitars and singing Beatles and Carbon Leaf tunes right now), beach time, and dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant here (just the two cousins).
What are your successes this week? Share the encouragement here.

1 comment:

  1. what a heavenly sounding week!! Good for you!!! So much done. What a boost for me to read!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete