Thursday, July 23, 2009

Small Successes: the Travelers' Edition

FaithButton


"It's important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

I'm on the road again! After two days home, I've gone with several children to my cousins' place at the Jersey shore. We're having fun in spite of today's rain, and yesterday was wonderful and relaxing. We enjoyed a good story on the way up and then spent time at the beach.

The home challenges are limited when one is mostly not there, but I managed to rack up a few points nonetheless:

  1. I ran many more errands than usual. Monday included violin, the orthodontist, the post office, tae kwon do, and the grocery store. On Tuesday I visited SIX stores looking for both a pair of flip flops (optional) and hiking boots (which HAD to be purchased RIGHT NOW for Boy Scout camp). Other destinations: the craft store, the library, and the doctors' office for two school physicals. Then I finished unpacking from NY and repacking for NJ.
  2. I ordered this year's history and science books. The summer is flying by, but August should be quiet enough for planning.
  3. Without following my usual meal plan, I pulled together two decent last-minute meals.
Cheer on some other success storytellers here.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT list!! I hope you have wonderful travels. I love the beach...we just did that and it was fabulous! Good job on getting the books and dinners! I admire you!!

    ReplyDelete