Thursday, April 16, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

I find myself looking forward to looking back ;-) on the week and finding bits of brightness. Our Easter break is yielding fruit in the form of both relaxation and the best kind of busy-ness: play dates, soup night, dinner out for Mom and Dad, maybe a family movie...
  1. One of our Christmas gifts to the little girls was the promise of a trip to Clay Cafe to decorate a plate and mug each. Tuesday I finally redeemed that certificate, and the three of us spent a fun TWO HOURS painting pottery. The girls stuck with it, adding the multiple layers of paint needed to get bright colors (I did the occasional back-of-the-plate second layer to give them a break.). Marianna's major themes were flowers, hearts, and ladybugs, while Rebecca chose a rainbow design.
  2. For the FIRST TIME EVER, our family is attempting to say the Divine Mercy novena, which began on Good Friday. So far we haven't missed a day, even though I was out of town Wednesday night. The children prayed it themselves even before Len got home from work!
  3. I'm sorting through my jewelry and two dresser junk drawers. Everything is spread out on my bedroom floor, but I know it WILL be finished, because I WILL NOT put the drawers back until everything is sorted, distributed, or thrown out (and a fair amount has already been tossed). So although it's technically a work in progress, I am confident. Because how long can I keep stepping over all that? ;-)
Find more encouragement at Faith and Family Live.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT list. You are inspiring me to clean!! Very much.....and yeah on the pottery!!! I'm doing the novena too. We started late, but caught up and love doing it!! What peace!!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete