Thursday, February 26, 2009

Small Successes Volume 6

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we’ll do exactly that."

This has been going on at Faith and Family Live for 6 weeks now. The idea is to encourage each other (and ourselves) by listing 3 things we've gotten right, no matter how small they may look. This has been a good exercise for me. When I first started seeing these small successes on other blogs, I thought I'd never be able to participate. It was too hard to do it on time, and too hard to think of 3 things. I'm still struggling to find the 3rd item to list, but I'm getting better at noticing some of these victories.

Go to today's post for links to more encouraging words. Meanwhile, here are mine:

  1. I finally cooked the duck I bought (on sale, of course!) in December...2006! There's not a lot of meat on a 5 pound duck, but it was tasty.
  2. On Sunday night I filled out the homeschool planner/checklists for the whole week. We haven't followed it exactly, but everything goes so much more smoothly when we're not winging it every day.
  3. I moved the van out of the garage before Tuesday's planned power outage. I know there is some sort of manual release, but it was nice to not have to deal with figuring it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment