Thursday, February 19, 2009

Small Successes Volume 5

FaithButton


This isn't really my 5th Small Successes post--you haven't missed anything here! Over at Faith and Family Live, this has been happening for awhile, and I'm finally jumping in today.

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we’ll do exactly that." The idea is to encourage each other (and ourselves) by listing 3 things we've gotten right, no matter how small they may look.

Go to today's post for links to more encouraging words. Meanwhile, here are mine:

  1. I cleaned my bathroom sink and mirror for the second time in two weeks rather than waiting until I just couldn't stand it anymore. Usually I have a much longer interval between cleanings; the contrast between before and after pictures would be stunning.
  2. I asked God to free me from a disordered attachment to food (I've never really wanted to be detached before), and was able to allow myself to be hungry multiple times this week.
  3. I turned my whole body away from the computer this morning to listen to one of my children. Yes, I admit that's noteworthy.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment