Monday, January 26, 2009

News Flash: The Overwhelming Power of the Media Can Work for Good!

We watch almost no broadcast tv, but when Dad isn't home for dinner we sometimes turn on Wheel! Of! Fortune!

Well, a few months ago (I'm thinking pre-Thanksgiving) there was a commercial for broth, of all things. The mother used it to make a tasty dinner, and her children kissed her for it.

That started a revolution here! It began as silliness (I think), with kids kissing me in thanks if I made something nice for dinner, but it is now an entrenched tradition. Becca leads the way, kissing me for everything from grilling flank steak to buttering her toast. Her dinner kisses usually lead to other children getting up to kiss me, too. It's funny and fun, especially since I used to receive either negative or no feedback.

Thank you, Swanson!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! Now can they teach my kids??

    Anne

    ReplyDelete