Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Soup Night is Back

And I am so glad! We skipped all last year because there was so much going on in our family, and I really missed this event.

I've posted about soup night here; basically I make two soups and invite the neighbors. We have a casual meal and some easy visiting. Tonight was the first of three fall evenings. I'm hoping to plan four more, starting in January.

We had a lovely time tonight, with 34 folks in all, including some who had never attended before. I made clam chowder (bacon and cheese on the side) and taco soup (fritos, cheese, sour cream, onions, and Tabasco on the side) and provided simple drinks (water, tea, lemondade). Guests brought bread or fruit. Most of the children did eat before running off to play. We adults talked and laughed (and ate, of course).

Just in case you're wondering, yes, I did make too much soup. I always do. Who knows which will be the most popular or how many neighbors will show up? Besides, taco soup freezes well. Here's a picture Len took of the soup remaining with just half an hour to go:Those are 8 quart and 16 quart pots... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment