Sunday, August 24, 2008

Evermore

When I have a baby or toddler, most of my "lovey" dollars are spent on said child--nursing, hugging, kissing, snuggling. Much of my other mothering time goes to directing, driving, and disciplining. As a consequence, I don't think my children have any idea how fiercely I love them.

Lauren's off to school now. Of course she'll be back, but her life with us will never be the same. That's a good thing, and the way it should be, but mommy feelings aren't always in synch with mommy brains. I miss her.

We have a fun kid cd--Dog Train--with mostly silly songs and one mother-ballad. I've been thinking of a slide show for Lauren for nearly a year now, and have finally made an attempt. I'm not sure whether it's me or the computer (we both have technical issues), but we haven't been able to upload a song to go with pictures to post on the blog. We can, however, put up a movie from the camera, so enjoy this high/low tech tribute. Technical assistance by Len, singing by Alison Krauss.

2 comments:

  1. Sob,sob,blubber, blubber. This is your mother! How sweet and wonderful your slide show is. Such a loving tribute to your first born daughter. I loved it and I'm sure Lauren will be touched.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I don't even know you, and I'm crying!

    I know it's because I realize in a few short years MY children will be old enough for college, and the thought just terrifies me.

    May the Lord bless you and your daughter as you venture out into this new stage of your lives!

    ReplyDelete