Thursday, June 26, 2008

Party Time

We had two celebrations this past weekend: Lauren's graduation party on Friday night, and David's Eagle Scout ceremony and reception Saturday afternoon. This was arranged to make it easier for out of town guests, but it also made it easy to share preparation, food, and cleanup.

Lauren chose to have a cookout. We invited family to arrive at 6:00, friends and neighbors at 7:00. I think it was a great idea! Lauren was able to spend concentrated time with her grandparents, cousins, etc., and then entertain her nice group of friends also.

I made too much food (SHOCKING, I know), but much of it was sent to David's reception as well. Of course, we needed a second cake. You can't really have too much chocolate cake with French buttercream, can you? (Apparently you can--I put a big chunk in the freezer just today...) I'll post recipes and comments about the cakes on my cooking blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment