Thursday, April 14, 2011

Small Successes: the Outdoor Edition

FaithButton

 
"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

I'm no pioneer or athlete, but have still managed some small successes this week:
  1. Monday, at the urging of Marianna, we spent time at a nearby creek.
  2. Yesterday, with only minimal complaining, I stuck it out through a two hour, 52 degree, drizzly soccer practice.  (Of course, the kids were running around in shorts by the time it was over.  I was half numb--wimp!)
  3. This morning I woke up exhausted, with a headache and sore throat.  I walked the dog then came home and went to bed for another hour!  I then pulled off (with many helpers) our planned bluebell excursion.
How about you?  Be inspired by other moms at Faith and Family Live.

Bluebells and Spring Beauties photographed by Rebecca (age 6!)

1 comment: