Friday, October 1, 2010

My Secret Weapons

When I feel a cold coming on, I break out the Cold-Eeze.  It's a zinc supplement lozenge that never cures my illness, but markedly shortens it.

Wednesday I woke up to a scratchy throat.  Seemingly in an instant, I had a really bad cold--sore, scratchy, tickly throat; drippy, stuffy, raw nose; and exhaustion (that deep-in-your-bones weariness, so different from sleepiness).  I'm not writing to complain but to share how well my favorite remedy works.

After reading the box (it's been a long time), I upped my dose to 6 lozenges a day.  Cold-Eeze only works for me when I rest too, so I went to bed on time or even early.  By Friday morning, although not 100%, I was well on the road to recovery.  I've even been able to breathe normally most of the day!  A two day turnaround--impressive.

Once again, my advice boils down to :
  1. Cold-Eeze (early and often)
  2. Sleep
Simple, huh?

And for sick-time skin care, may I also suggest:  Puffs Plus (with lotion) and Vaseline on and under the nose at bedtime.

Well, that's enough grannyish guidance for now.  Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment