Friday, November 28, 2008

Let's Just Call It...Invigorating

I had a cold shower at my parents' house the other day. Not just cold...REALLY COLD.

See, the furnace had been turned off for an oil delivery, but in the hustle and bustle of the day, turning it back on had been forgotten. So when I finally got out of my pjs around lunchtime (hey, we're on vacation here), the furnace (and thus the hot water heater) had been off for hours.

So there I am, la la la, sudsing my hair...rinsing my hair...when the cozy shower begins getting much less cozy. The call out yields the information that, no, no one is running the dishwasher or another shower or anything like that--this is truly THE END of the hot water. And the warm water. And the tepid water. Yikes!

Okay, then. Water off. Suds up. Pour scoops of gaspingly cold snowmelt over pitiful self.

I've got to say that it was invigorating in a well-now-I-feel-warm-I'm-so-glad-that's-over sort of way. My mom is still apologizing, but it's actually kind of funny. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment