Monday, January 28, 2008

Fresh and Clean

Marianna made her first Confession on Saturday, so her soul was the cleanest in the house! As a memento we gave her some (cherry blossom) shower gel and a sea sponge.

Her card contains Psalm 51:1-2, "Have mercy on me, O God, according to thy steadfast love; according to thy abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniqity, and cleanse me from my sin!"

We made the connection in writing, too, reminding her that she needs to keep her body clean to be healthy, and that regular cleaning helps keep the soul healthy.


Special bath items make a good gift for a First Penance. I've given some to godchildren, too. Wish I'd thought of it sooner. And this CAN work for boys. I once found some soap made with mud from the Dead Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment